Privacy is an important issue. We provide this Policy as required by law to explain our information practices. Please read and retain this Policy to learn how we collect and use information about you and your rights to limit the sharing and use of information.
How do we protect information?
FSV Payment Systems, Inc. (“FSV”) does not share customer information about you, except as permitted by law. FSV has strict standards and procedures designed to prevent unauthorized access to information. We apply these standards and procedures to our facilities and online services. Our safeguards meet or exceed federal standards for protecting consumer information. We permit only authorized employees, who have been trained in the proper handling of information, to have access to that information. If an employee were to violate FSV's privacy procedures, he or she would be subject to disciplinary action.
This Policy applies to individuals who inquire about and/or obtain products or services from FSV for personal, family and household purposes. This Policy describes information practices across FSV. However, departments within FSV may have more restrictive information sharing practices.
This Policy supersedes all previous notices or statements about practices described in this Policy. You should retain a copy of this Policy for your records. If we materially change our Policy, we will notify customers (who maintain an active relationship with FSV) and prominently place a notification on our website. Active customers will receive an annual notification, as required by law. You may request a current copy of the Policy at any time by calling Customer Service at the number located on the back of your card or visiting our website at www.fsvpaymentsystems.com.
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information you give us on applications or other forms;
- Information about your transactions with us;
- Information about your transactions with other parties; and
- Information from a consumer reporting agency.
SHARING AND USING INFORMATION
FSV reserves the right to share and/or use all information we collect as this Policy describes. We do not share information about you with third parties outside of FSV, except as permitted by law. When FSV does disclose information about you to third parties under the limited legal exceptions, the third parties are required to treat the information about you they receive in strict confidence; to use it only for the purpose for which it was shared; and not to use the information for their own marketing purposes. We restrict access to information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect this information.
LEGAL EXCEPTIONS FOR SHARING OF INFORMATION
It is important to understand that, according to the law, FSV may share or use information about you for the following purposes:
- To perform services (e.g., printing statements, bill payment, e-mail services and mail house services);
- To process your account or enforce your agreement with us;
- To protect the rights, property or safety of FSV, our customers or others (e.g., to protect against fraud and to reduce credit risk);
- To comply with a legal requirement or process (e.g., subpoena or court order);
- To comply with your request or authorization to share information; and
- To furnish information to consumer reporting agencies.
If you end your relationship with FSV, we will still apply the practices in our Policy to information about you that we maintain.
ONLINE INFORMATION PRACTICES
FSV uses technology that encrypts (scrambles) online information so it transfers privately between you and FSV’s network. Your unique User ID and password help protect information online. While we strive to protect personally identifiable information, we cannot warrant the security of the personally identifiable information transmitted to or received by us.
FSV joins with certain third parties to deliver online products and services. If you ask for information through www.fsvpaymentsystems.com, FSV and these outside parties may keep some information you provide in order to deliver these services, such as online applications, online surveys, e-mail and cookies.
- We may keep information from online tools, online applications and forms, online service subscriptions, or business conducted online through Internet or wireless devices.
- Online surveys – This information is used solely for research to help us improve our customer service and develop a superior website. We may maintain this information in a form that does not identify you.
- E-mail – If you send us e-mail, we may keep the content of your e-mail. Please be careful about the information you e-mail to us, because e-mail to any public website can sometimes be intercepted. If you agree to receive e-mail from FSV, we keep the information you give us and may use it to send you e-mail messages regarding your account or for other customer service purposes.
- Information from children online – FSV does not market online products and services to children under 13. We take steps to block children under 13 from sending us information online.
CLIENT IDENTIFICATION NOTICE
Information Collection Procedures for Opening Accounts
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each customer who opens an account. Therefore, all new and existing customers are subject to the identity verification requirements.
When you open an account with FSV, we will ask for your name, address and identification number, and, in the case of an individual, your date of birth. For business accounts, we may also obtain this information for individuals associated with the business. We may also request to see a valid driver's license or other approved identifying documents. In all cases, FSV is committed to protecting your privacy and identity.